Convergent Operators Business Challenges
As a result of mergers and/or acquisitions of Mobile and Fixed Network Operators and ISPs, the telecom industry is now witnessing the emergence of a new breed of Convergent operators.
With convergence comes the requirement to rationalize two disassociated technologies and domains into a single, unique network which allows subscribers to access, manage, and send/receive content and applications interchangeably from any device including mobile phones, desktop PCs, televisions and home networks.
Convergent Operator Challenges:
- To protect current revenue on Fixed and Mobile services in parallel with the successful introduction of converged services
- to move away from the silo based organization by rationalizing processes, IT and OSS systems
- to bring together Fixed and Mobile teams and processes around one single convergent culture
- To address the specific needs of Fixed and Mobile Network management operations
- To limit and control Fixed-Mobile convergence underlying costs in order to be profitable and then fully take the benefit from new generating revenue services that will be introduced with the convergence
How MYCOM Addresses these Challenges
MYCOM’s answer to these challenges is to adopt Next Generation OSS (NGOSS) systems that rely on a Technology Neutral Architecture (TNA). This will avoid convergent operators fragmenting their processes and systems (which are usually already fragmented as a result of previous technology evolutions), and logically limit underlying costs whilst adapting to change.
Adopting NIMS-PrOptima™ (MYCOM’s OSS Software System) will bring the following benefits to convergent operators:
- It unites Fixed and Mobile organizations around a single solution
- It serves Fixed and Mobile user needs
- It copes with specific issues of data mediation for Fixed and networks, thanks to our multi-mediation layer dealing with file, datbase, SNMP, events data sources
- It allows the smooth integration of converged service management whilst Fixed and Mobile domains can continue to be managed independently
- It enables transparent business process transformation
- It equally answers Fixed and Mobile user requirements due to specific KPIs, reports, scenarios and modules (e.g. GIS, NW planning, profiling, DSS).
- It limits Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) as well as OPEX/CAPEX expenditures that usually increase with the complexity of a Network
- It is future proof and scalable to adapt to future business and technology changes
OSS/BSS Services for Convergent Operators
- Software System Deployment & integration
- Customization Services
- System transformation Services
- OSS Consulting & Design
- End-to End Trouble Shooting Services