GSM-R Business Challenges
ETCS is the new control-command system; GSM-R is the new radio system for voice and data communication. Together, they form ERTMS, the new signaling and management system for Europe, enabling interoperability throughout the European Rail Network.
Approximately 40 countries have adopted these new standards and have started the roll-out their GSM-R equipments with the following objectives:
- Long term cost reduction
- Highest Level of Safety
- Possibility of More Trains per line
- Interoperability or railway networks
- Reduction of some technical barriers and ease cross-border operations
- Open market for signaling systems
These key objectives cannot be achieved without a strong OSS solution that combines standard Telecom Performance monitoring capabilities with tailor made GSM-R features adapted to the need of GSM-R operators.
How MYCOM Addresses these Challenges
NIMS-PrOptima solutions are made available to the operators.
- It is a turn-key solution, ready to use with GSM-R Networks.
- It ensures no loss of data and provides real time alerting in case of service level degradation before it effectively affects the end users.
- It allows maximum resource usage and limit investments,
- It is reliable, trustworthy and full time available system already used by worldwide operators as a business critical system.
- It enables rail traffic increase as all other operators who selected NIMS-PrOptima&trade to support their subscriber traffic growth
- It enables new services introduction such as passenger real time information. In addition NIMS-PrOptima™ is ready to use with GPRS/EDGE networks thanks to a complete set of off-the-shelf interfaces already deployed in many places, as well as the MYCOM expertise which is captured in NIMS-PrOptima™ analysis modules, KPIs, reports and scenarios.
Cost Effective Solution:
- Operational team efficiency increased
- Limited Total Cost of Ownership:
- Turnkey solution
- Multi-vendor, multi-technology, multi-domain solution
- Global Support & Maintenance contract that covers system administration
- Effective Return On Investment (ROI)
- Future proof solution
- Scalable solution
- It enables better plan and anticipation of Network infrastructure investments
OSS/BSS Services for GSM-R Operators
- Software System Deployment & integration
- Customization Services
- System transformation Services
- OSS Consulting & Design
- End-to End Trouble Shooting Services