Regulators Business Challenges
A Telecommunication regulatory agency is a public authority or government agency responsible for exercising autonomous authority over the area of Telecommunication activity. Telecommunication regulatory authorities are set up to oversee use of public goods and regulate the Telecommunication market.
The recent explosion of new Telecom services and technologies (UMTS, Wimax, all IP) combined with the evolution of the market place to a more competitive and dynamic environment demand, as well as the increase of the number of Telecom service providers, made it essential for the need for better control and understanding of the operators in each country. This is why the role of regulator has become increasingly critical as well as being more complex than even 2 years ago.
This is particularly important and demands extra attention during periods of privatization which is happening in many countries now.
In order to achieve their agency objectives, regulators must have access to more information on a regular basis across multiple operators. This challenge is reinforced by the diversity of domains, technologies or equipment vendors to cover, and by the fact that each type of data is available in a multitude of ways from each operator. This cannot be achieved without a suitable set of systems and tools fully adapted to the specific context of a regulator.
More than tools, regulators also need the adapted support, expertise and assistance to quickly adapt their monitoring methods and capabilities to the constant evolution of networks and operators.
How MYCOM Addresses these Challenges
Mycom has had the opportunity to work with several regulators and study their requirements, and has developed a tailor-made service offer based on a combination of MYCOM consultancy services and the NIMS-PrOptima Performance Management solutions developed and delivered by Mycom to leading operators across the world.
By choosing MYCOM services and software solutions regulators will be able to achieve and address the key challenges for which they are responsible such as:
- To ensure sustainable growth and competition in a multi-operator, multi-network environment
- To ensure the correct application of the license terms agreed with operators
- To develop standards, codes of practices and advisory guidelines
- To ensure compliance of service providers with the minimum standards set
- To publish regular reports on Telecom Service quality in the country
- To remain technology-neutral regarding service quality
- To become a unique and neutral information portal for industries and subscribers
- To better serve the needs of the citizens of the country
OSS/BSS Services for Regulators
• Software System Deployment&integration
• Customisation Services
• OSS Consulting & Design
• End-to End Trouble Shooting Services
• Specific End to End Network and managed Services